Mr. DeMille Wants to Know: Are You Ready for Your Wedding Close-Up?
While weddings take months to plan, it feels like the actual day itself can go by in an instant. Making the following analogy ideal… Planning a wedding is to the actual day as Michael Phelps’ training is to the Olympics.
Phelps trained day in and day out for years in order to jump in the pool, swim less than a minute and take home the gold… 8 times. It’s madness, I tell you! Complete madness!
And while your wedding day might not garner you the same fame as eight Olympic gold medals did Sir Phelps, it’s still one you’ll hopefully want to remember forever. But how do you remember something forever when it’s done in a flash?
In pictures, of course!
If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a schmillion times… Your wedding photos are hands down some of the most important – if not the most important – keepsake you’ll have from your day. So, it’s important to make them count!
Recently, theknot.com put out a list of the 50 (New!) Must Have Wedding Photos for Your Album, and I’m dying to know what you think (or what you would add!)! While I consider several of the items to be a bit of “Pete and Repeat” and slightly unorganized, I do think it’s crucial to get as many ideas as possible; hence why i even put a few more of my personal suggestions at the end as well! Whoop, whoop! So, without further adieu, here they are (with a couple examples from our big day courtesy of the ahhhhmazing Jessika and Jimmy Feltz!!):
1. A Really Good Kissing Shot
2. The Guys Getting Ready (see also #21, #41, #43 and #50)
3. Your Bouquet (see also #10, #14 and #49)
4. The Reception Tables
5. Your Shoes (see also #25)
6. You — In Action
7. Your Favors
8. Your Wedding Party Kids — Junior Brides, Ring Bearers, Flower Girls, etc.
9. The Wedding Cake
10. Bridesmaid’s Bouquets (see also #3, #14 and #49)
11. The Ceremony — Pulled Back
12. Your Dress
13. Your Hairstyle
14. His Boutonniere (see also #3, #10 and #49)
15. Candid Shots of Your Bridesmaids
16. The Ceremony — From a New Angle
17. Your Wedding Party –Bridesmaids, Groomsmen, Ushers, Miniature Attendents, etc.
18. Your Guests
19. The Scene (see also #32)
20. The Reception — Pulled Back
21. Getting Ready with Your Mom (see also #2, #41, #43 and #50)
22. A “New Angle” Photo (see also #46)
23. The Ceremony Details
24. Your Jewelry
25. His Shoes (see also #5)
26. A Sign of the Times Shot — Twitter, iPad, Facebook, etc.
27. Your First Dance
28. A Posed & Composed Couple’s Shot
29. The Escort Cards
30. A First Look Photo
31. A Silhouette Shot
32. A Scene Setter (see also #19)
33. A “Magic Hour” Photo — reference term of photographers for right before sunset or right after sunrise when the light is best
34. The Wedding Dog
35. The Little Odds & Ends
36. The Getaway Car
37. A Dramatic Couple’s Shot
38. A Funky Backdrop Couple’s Shot
39. A Movie-esque Old Hollywood Shot — Black & White
40. The Lighting
41. Your Bridesmaids Before the Ceremony (see also #2, #21, #43 and #50)
42. You and Your Dad
43. Getting Ready Photo of You (see also #2, #21, #41 and #50)
44. A Before the Ceremony Toast
45. Your Glamour Shot
46. An Artistic Angled Shot (see also #22)
47. A Stolen Moment Away
48. Your Fashion Shot
49. The Boutonnieres (see also #1, #10 and #14)
50. A Before the Ceremony Shot (see also any # that becomes before the ceremony, hehe!)
I would also like to offer few more shots you could benefit from… ’cause goodness KNOWS I did!
- Cake Cutting
- Other “Special” Dances (ie. father/daughter, mother/son etc.)
- Speeches & Toasts
- Bouquet Toss
- Garter Toss
- The FOOD! (Dead sere, these were some of my faves!)
- Bridal Exit from Church
- Wedding Party Entrance to Reception
- Guest Book
Entry filed under: Wedding Planning 101. Tags: beautiful wedding photos, beautiful wedding pictures, bridal guide, bridal photographer, bride, brides, funny wedding photos, groom, grooms, photographers, photography, photojournalism, wedding, wedding advice, wedding blog, wedding blogs, wedding mishaps, wedding photographer, wedding photography, wedding pictures, wedding tips, weddings.